Raise your hand if you’re ready for more avocado recipes.
Keep ‘em up if you’re ready for some of the healthiest bloggers on the internet to share with you their innovative avocado recipes. Oh yeah, it’s been an awesome week. Happy Wednesday.
I was beyond excited when the Recipe Redux announced this Avocado theme.
AKA my favorite food. AKA the thing I need to learn portion control around.
The humble avocado is not only a good source of healthy, mono-unstaturated fats, it also packs quite the fiber punch! Each avocado contains around 300 calories, 15g heart-healthy fat, and 10g fiber. That’s in addition to a 1/3 daily value of Vitamin C and 1/2 daily requirement of vitamin K.
These green globes hold a very special place in my heart. If I have time for a sit-down breakfast, I will almost always choose avocado toast: toasted Ezekial bread, 1/2 smashed avocado, sprinkle of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Come to mama.
This sandwich is a classier, ladies-who-lunch version of my avocado toast. Layers of fresh spinach, grilled portabello mushrooms & lemon spread. Wow. Crispy, creamy, crunchy, it’s a texture party!
DK takes the vegetable sandwich to new heights! Crispy flatbread, lemon-basil mayo, creamy avocado, crunchy spinach, and grilled mushrooms combine to make an incredible stack! Vegan & delicious.
- 1 portabello mushroom cap,sliced thin
- 1 avocado,sliced thin
- 3 tbsp. Veganaise (or mayo)
- 1/2 lemon,zested and juiced
- 1/8 cup basil,thinly sliced
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 whole-wheat lavash wrap,cut into 6 equal pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Lightly rub olive oil into mushroom slices, season with salt/pepper or all-purpose seasoning.
- When pan is hot, add mushroom slices and grill 3-4 minutes per side, until slightly charred.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Add sliced lavash bread to the grill and heat 1-2 minutes per side until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Combine together the mayo, lemon juice, zest, and sliced basil.
- Spread lemon-basil mayo on 4 slices of lavash bread.
- Stack: Lavash bread with spread, avocado slices, spinach, mushroom, lavash bread without spread, avocado, spinach, mushroom, lavash bread with spread.
Per Sandwich: 331 Calories, 25g fat (23g unsaturated), 25g carb, 8g fiber, 6g protein
I received free samples of California Avocado mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by California Avocado and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.